Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Finish and Some Flowers

This is from a book called Beloved Bible Story Samplers by Diane Williams before she started Little House Needleworks.  There are a lot of small samplers in the book and they all have the wonderful Diane style that we are so familiar with.  I used DMC threads and finished it up as a wall hanging.
There aren't too many nice looking flowers left in our garden by this late in the year but these double blossomed impatiens are still doing pretty well.  I think they look like little roses, don't you?
This is nicotiana, I think it's an annual that reseeds itself every year.   It gets fairly tall and grows very easily without us doing anything for it.  I hate to think the summer is almost over, I will be going back to work soon {I work in a school kitchen}, but it certainly has been a wonderful summer and I had lots of time off, so I won't complain too much!  Thanks again to those lovely people who are my blog followers, I appreciate you very much and I appreciate any comments anyone cares to leave.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Love the A&E sampler finisihed as a wall hanging.

I actually thought those impatiens were roses when I had just looked at the photo without reading. Of course, I'm not much for identifying flowers anyway. They sure are pretty in any case.

KarenV said...

That's a lovely finish! I love the fabrics you've used to make the wallhanging, they complement the design really well!

The Crap Blog Detective said...

What names do the six kitties have?

Karen said...

Crap Detective, I now have the kitties names under their pictures. But after checking out your blog, I'm wondering what your motivation is in visiting mine?