Saturday, October 23, 2010

I made this purse last fall using a free chart by Brenda Gervais.  You can find the chart on her blog With Thy Needle and Thread   Look for it on her post from Oct. 1, 2009.  Wasn't it nice for Sweetpea to pose for the picture?

Here's the back view, I used coordinating Debbie Mum fabrics and jumbo orange ric rac for the trim.

I used Valdani cotton floss for the design in these colors:  Honeycomb, Withered Green, Bronze, Rich Wine, Rusted Orange and Black Sea.  Thank you, Brenda, for the great chart!




5 comments:

Nancy said...

This is so pretty (and so is Sweetpea!). I'm glad I saw this because some how I missed this one.

Anonymous said...

That turned out great! I like the way the Valdani colours look - a little more variegated than some brands of overdyed cotton. Sweetpea is very cute, great photo.

Annie said...

Super idea and a really nice finish!

Stephanie said...

What a pretty little piece and a wonderful idea to finish it as a purse! Sweetpea is precious! Great model!

Siobhán said...

What a sweet finish! Great idea for the finishing, too. Sweetpea is a beautiful model. :)