Friday, October 8, 2010

Kitty Pictures and Tree of Life

This is a painting that our daughter did of our oldest kitty, Sweetpea.  Jessie has a lot of artistic talent for painting, drawing and photography.  She doesn't have a blog but I keep hoping she will get one started, because she could show off a lot of her pictures.  We are very proud of you, Jessie!
Here's Miss Sweetpea herself.
Tree of Life sampler from the spring 2001 issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly.  Phyllis Hoffman, one of my favorite designers designed this one.

I stitched this with DMC and Gentle Art Sampler threads and finished it into a fabric hanging for our bedroom wall.   Thanks for looking and I hope you are having a lovely evening!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your kitty! You and your daughter are both very talented - I love the way you've finished the wallhanging with the lace/ribbon "frame" around the stitching, very pretty.

Nancy said...

Your daughter's painting is wonderful and has really captured the beauty of Sweetpea! I like her style of painting very much.

Your stitched piece is lovely, and you have finished it so beautifully!

Babs in Alabama said...

Karen, I love your Tree of Life, have written it down and will go search my SANQ's when I log off...I should have it.
Also love Sweetpea, and Jessie's depiction of her. I, too, have a talented dd who paints and stitches and actually teaches photography now...her name is Karen :)
hugs,
babs

Annie said...

Your kitty and your stitching are both beautiful. Love the lace trim!

Françoise said...

Beautifull!!
Françoise