Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lace, an Ornament and Purple Thursday

I've spent the last two weekends organizing all of my lace and winding it onto cardboard pieces.  I had been keeping it all in a giant plastic tub but there was so much of it, it was a tangled up mess!  Several years ago, a friend and I bought up tons of lace from our local Ben Franklin, they were getting rid of it and we wanted as much as we could get.  So we practically bought out their whole supply and I still have a fairly big amount of it left.  I'm not completely done though, there's still a pile left to do.
I seem to have an awful lot of pink lace!

This is a Midsummer Night's Dream design from an old issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine--issue 7.  I changed the some of the colors and stitched it with Soie Crystale and Waterlilies in the color Fir.


I also wanted to share with you a picture of me and my co-workers, that's me on the far right.  We always wear purple on Thursdays, I don't know why, we just do!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty finish! I like your colour choices.

Annie said...

Oooh.. lace heavan at your house. Love how the blue lace looks on your finish.

Stephanie said...

I know where to come if I need some lace! What a great lace stash you have! Your finish is beautiful, especially with the lace finishing.

Jessica R. Booth said...

Very nice pictures, and I like the idea of purple Thursdays! I also wanted to say I liked the picture of Sweetpea you posted a while ago, she looks much more peaceful and happy than in the past. Nice pictures and posts, keep up the good work!

Enza said...

very very nice!!! Enza xxx
http://dietrolangolo.canalblog.com

Christine said...

Purple Thursdays ~ Love it!