Sunday, November 7, 2010

Camille's French Sampler

This is another sampler from my huge collection of stitched projects waiting to be finished into something.  Today I decided to get it done.  There's nothing like having a blog to get me motivated into finishing things so I will have something to post!  I'm chipping away at the stack one by one!

I used silk Hand-Dyed Fibers by Vikki Clayton and the designer is Tanya from the Sampler Girl.  I was lucky enough to get this design a few years ago when it was a freebie---thanks, Tanya!

The variegated green used on these leaves is "Moon-Called Sea".  It's my favorite of all of Vikki's threads and I love the name, too. That's it for this time,  although I would like to say thank you to the people who became recent followers of this blog and of course thanks again to all of the "older" followers, too.  I appreciate each one of you so much!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another pretty finish! The colours are beautiful and I love the lace you used to trim the edges.

Annie said...

That's a beautiful piece. I really like the way you added the lace border and sweet little ribbon roses. Looks so nice photographed with those other romantic items.

Nancy said...

I love how you finished this rather than framing it! The lace trim looks so pretty, and so does your stitching of this already beautiful design! This has always been one of my favorites, and I've had the pattern and threads for the longest time. Why haven't I stitched it yet!

Connie said...

What a beautiful finish - the lace and ribbon roses really suit the style of the design.

Sally said...

I love how you've finished this. So beautiful. I have just been sent to your blog by Connie to give me some inspiration to finish my Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV.

Unknown said...

very beautiful work !!
Pat