Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ornaments and Spoon Tree


 
I've been making Christmas ornaments the last few days, these were made using Nan's free chart at  Threadwork Primitives.  I've been seeing ornaments made with this chart on a lot of blogs and they all look very nice.  I added a border to mine because I wanted to get a little more green in there.  The one with the pink lettering is going to stay on our tree and the other two will be gifts for friends.
This one is for a friend that loves dogs and has two dogs of her own.  This pattern came from a Flicker group called Hoop Love Vintage Transfers.  They have a ton of vintage embroidery patterns for anyone to download.
Isn't this the cutest thing?  It's a little tree made out of tiny wooden spoons and it has little cookie cutter ornaments on it.  It looks like the trunk of it is sitting in a bowl of sugar.  It's the perfect little Christmas tree to decorate a kitchen.  This was a gift from a friend who found it at a thrift store.  In case I don't post again before Christmas, I would like to wish you a very wonderful Christmas and hope you get to spend a lot of time with your loved ones!


4 comments:

Annie said...

Super cute ornaments. They look great on your tree.

That doggie is adorable. Great gift.

And what find in that spoon tree. So different.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Sweet ornaments and I love the spoon tree. Merry Christmas!

Babs in Alabama said...

The ornaments are adorable, Karen as is the doggy embroidery...but what a great idea that spoon tree was. I have never seen one before...you just might start a craze :)
Merry Christmas to you too!
babs

Nancy said...

The ornaments you stitched are so pretty, and I love your spoon tree! You have given me an idea for all the miniature cookie cutters I have and never use. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!