Monday, April 11, 2011

Hayfield Cottage Stitchery

I just finished this embroidery of a farm scene from a pattern that I got from the Flickr group, Hoop Love.  I thought it would be fun to name it Hayfield Cottage because there are haystacks and hayfields in the picture.  This is probably the largest embroidery I have done yet, I learned a few new stitches and had a lot of fun stitching it.
I used several different types of threads, just going with whatever took my fancy as I went along.  The next thing is a Blackbird Designs pincushion, one of their Reward of Merit small designs. 
It was done with Gentle Art Sampler threads and the backing fabric is the same as the one in the background.
Now, my post wouldn't be complete without a couple of kitty pictures, would it?
Harley sniffing a flower from our crown of thorns plant.
Cricket, looking rather majestic while soaking up some sunshine.
Thanks, again, for taking the time to visit my blog and thanks, also, in advance for any comments, I always love them.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

It's always a treat to see your beautiful embroidery! I just love your Hayfield Cottage, and I agree that is the perfect name for your piece. Your Rewards of Merit stitch is wonderful, and the backing fabric is so pretty. Love your kitty pictures. Kitty hugs to your house from ours!

Sally said...

Love your cottage. It is absolutely beautiful. Lovely BBD finish too.

Aww your kitties are so cute:)

Jessica R. Booth said...

Mom, I love the picture, it turned out so well, and very interesting to look at! I also enjoyed seeing Harley and Cricket, those are very nice pictures :)

Deepa said...

Karen, the hayfield cottage is just exquisite!! It is one of the most beautiful pieces I've seen recently.Well done,wow!!

Sweet Sue said...

Wonderful specialty stitches on your embroidery finish, congrats!