Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peppermint Ornament

Merry Christmas, everyone, I hope you are having a good one!  I don't have any of my own projects to show you today, but I wanted to show you a beautiful little ornament that found its way to our mailbox all the way from Spain.
It was made and sent to me by Margaret as a sweet thank you for my sending her an embroidery pattern.  It's perfectly stitched and beautifully finished and I absolutely love it!  It completely made my day finding that little unexpected package when I went out to check the mailbox, thank you, Margaret, I will treasure it always!
We had our Christmas celebration yesterday, it was the best day for everyone to get together.  Here's our daughter Jessie and her husband Joe having a bite to eat.  I wanted to show how Joe is no longer in his wheelchair all the time, he's mostly using crutches to get around.  It's been a long recovery since his accident last summer, I want to say thank you again for your good vibes and prayers, I truly believe they have helped.
I will end this post with a couple of kitty pictures:
Cricket, helping me make up the bed a few mornings ago.
Harley, doing his silly, flipping upside down flirtiness.  He's adorable and he knows it!
Thank you for the comments left on my last post.  I appreciate the compliments on my stitching and my new tattoo.   It was mentioned that it must have taken a while to get it done, it did take 3 hours; it is fairly intricate, but it was worth it, and I'm really enjoying having it.  I seem to have been bitten by the tattoo bug, I have more planned and can hardly wait to get them, I will show them to you when I do!  Thanks again for taking the time to look at my blog!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Somehow I completely missed your last post. The Brightneedle piece is fabulous. And I never saw your gorgeous version of the sewing machine stitchery before I did that one recently. I love all the colors you used.

And the tattoo! Amazing! You are very brave, I must say.

Nice to see your family and your cute cat enjoying the holidays. Wishing you all the best!

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas! Your ornament from Margaret is lovely! I have a couple of stitched gifts from her, so I know how beautiful it really is. Merry Christmas to the kitties too - they are so pretty!

sana said...

Pretty ornament!
I hope that you and your family and cute cats enjoy the holiday!

blasiuk said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Kitties are so darling! Wishing you a wonderful New Year ahead! blessings,Kathleen

Krista said...

Thanks, Karen, for stopping by my new blog :) I just looked at all of your beautiful stitchings, what an amazing collection. I love all your samplers, and you have some unique finishing techniques! You have some really nice quakers.
And, all of your kitty cats are the cutest! :) Your Cricket and Maggie look like my Gigi. When Gigi is in the sun she has a brown coat too like Maggie.
Happy New Year and happy stitchings! Enjoy your weekend!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a very merry Christmas celebration! I love the pictures of your kitties they look so sweet!