Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Rose is a Rose. . .

I believe this is a design from an old Just Cross Stitch magazine.  I know it's by Gail Bussi.   I love the pink lace I used around the edges, I'll tell you about it in a minute.

There were a few specialty stitches included.

I used an antique button towards the bottom and finished it off with a ribbon bow.

The lace is Wright's flexi-lace Hem Facing and I found it in these three antique looking shades the last time I went to Joann's and it is really inexpensive.  For the hanger at the top, I sewed on an old necklace that I don't wear any more.  Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog again!








3 comments:

Babs in Alabama said...

Karen, the rose is beautiful and how creative you were with this piece as with others I've seen you do. Stitching and finishing exquisite. thanks for sharing,
babs

Unknown said...

is very beautiful !
Pat

COUSON said...

What a nice work,so delicate.Couson