Saturday, December 4, 2010

This and That

 
I wanted to show you some new fabrics that I added to my stash recently.  They came from Fabric.com and I have to say that they are an online store that does everything right!  I don't have an affilliation with them or any other company that I mention here, but I do love to pass on my good thoughts about any excellent buying experience and I love this place!  Did you notice the scissors fabric towards the upper right corner?  That's my favorite.  I will probably use these fabrics for various stitching finishes and maybe a few purses, too.
I spent an afternoon lately making these frosting roses.  I used some of the pink ones on a cake for Emily, one of our co-workers who is leaving us to go on to bigger and better things.

Good luck, Emily, we will miss you!

I just finished this embroidery last night, it was really fun to do.  I found the free pattern for it at doecdoe, a wonderful blog with lots of other free designs, too.  I used a mixture of Cosmos Seasons and DMC Color Variations threads and some little buttons.  I haven't given up cross stitch by any means, but it has been fun to do something different like this for a change.  Thanks again for looking at my pictures!



1 comment:

Annie said...

Gorgeou fabbies! You'll have fun with those, I'm sure.

Those roses are so pretty! I love icing. That was such a nice thing to do for your co-worker.

And what a gorgeous piece of stitchery! Love how you used the buttons and the DMC color variations look great!