Saturday, August 6, 2016

Rose Arbor Embroidery

This is my latest embroidery, I hope you enjoy seeing it.  This one only took me about three weeks to finish since it's not a super large piece.  I got this vintage pattern on Pinterest which can be a wonderful place to find both patterns and vintage embroideries for lots of inspiration.
Here's a copy if you would like to stitch one up yourself.
As always, I used a variety of thread brands from my ever growing collection.  These flowers were made with Cosmos Seasons, Gentle Art, Needle Necessities and Sulky Blendables. 
The yellow hollyhocks and the lavendar lazy daisy flowers were both made with Sulky Blendable threads.  This was the first time I had used very much of this thread and it was very enjoyable to use.
I stitched these roses in a woven spider web stitch which is easy to do but just very time consuming.  This thread is called "Gypsy", one of the Artiste collection that was sold by Hobby Lobby but is now unfortunately discontinued.  I love the variety of pink colors all in one skein of thread.  The leaves and grass were done with a Cosmos Season green that I find myself using again and again.

Thanks for taking time to look at my embroidery again, I appreciate your visit!


11 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Karen,

Oh your stitching is so beautiful, I particularly love the rose arbour.

Have a great weekend.

Happy days.
Bev.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely stitching. I like the design a lot. Are you embroidering blocks? I am wondering how you will use this piece.
xx, Carol

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Karen this is absolutely beautiful!! Also thank you for describing the stitches you used and the colors and floss you stitched with.......and for sharing the pattern. Your embroidery is so lovely!

Annie said...

Saw it on FB and fell in love. The close-up shots make it look even more beautiful!

sana said...

Hello Karen.
What a beautiful stitch!
The arch of a rose is graceful.

Sonia said...

Hello Karen
I just found your blog yesterday and I am having a great time going through it. I absolutely love your vintage embroideries!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. Your work is beautiful. I am happy I found you.

Ann

Susan said...

I love so many of your beautiful flower embroideries that you have posted! One in particular I love and I'd like to embroider it for a class I am taking. I wanted to check with you if it's possible to do this. I would not be selling it, but it is for my own enjoyment and I'd make a few little changes.

Please let me know - thank you and have a great week!

Susan

Karen said...

Hi Susan! Thank you for your very nice comment on my embroidery. All of the patterns on this blog are old enough to be in the Public Domain. So it is fine to use them however you like. I always print them out and then trace over them with an embroidery transfer pen. Then it is easy to press the design onto your fabric.

Susan said...

I am sooo thrilled you left a comment. I wanted to email you, but couldn't find info anywhere. Thank you so much for your comment and I truly appreciate it. I love your "vintage look" with many of your designs! Anyway, I am taking an on-line embroidery class from a wonderful lady in England. We are supposed to come up with a "design" (or one created already if possible) and I wanted to keep it simple. I'll make some simple changes on it or perhaps, add something simple such as a watering can - not certain yet. Many of the ladies are doing the lovely English gardens. Anyway, thank you again and I look forward to following you :)

Karen said...

You are so welcome Susan!